Good Morning Bloggers!!
It’s been a long time since our last blog as we’ve been going through some changes here at Skin Therapease/PSScherven. But we thought we’d ease our way back into regular blogging with some simple tips!
- Super-tight, dry skin isn’t a sign your skin is clean!! Rather, that feeling usually means that you’ve stripped your skin of important oils or haven’t rinsed properly.
- Stress doesn’t just cause acne — it can actually affect your skin’s texture. Undue stress can cause skin to become thin and reduce its ability to regenerate.
- Regular exercise can increase toxin removal in your skin and help you look younger by boosting collagen production while diminishing wrinkles.
- To keep your skin smooth without Botox, minimize your intake of sugar and dairy products. Instead pile up your plate with legumes, vegetables and olive oil. These foods have been shown to lead to fewer wrinkles as we age.
- Sleep doesn’t just refresh your body and mind — it also helps to replenish your skin.
- Drinking enough water is key to keeping your skin healthy. Not only can water make wrinkles less noticeable, but it also increases blood flow and reduces toxins.
- Sunscreen is so important to saving skin that experts recommend you slather it on for any outdoor time –from driving to work to running to the grocery store.
- Smoking takes a big toll on skin, robbing it of oxygen and nutrients by slowing the flow of blood. Puckering your mouth around a cigarette and squinting your eyes against smoke can also lead to extra wrinkles.
- While exfoliation is beneficial to get rid of dead skin, exfoliating too frequently can exacerbate acne.
- “Noncomedogenic” is a good term to look for in your skin care items, meaning that they shouldn’t clog your pores.